Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nemesis

On my first day of work, someone (or something)
tried to scare me away from the food bank. I stepped out of the bathroom stall, approached the sink, and something sprayed in my eyes. "AHH!" I jumped back in pain. There, mounted on the wall to my left, was the evil spraybot that would never give me a moment's rest.

The next time I entered the bathroom, it sprayed before the door had even swung shut behind me. Just to prove its superiority.

We stare each other down every time I enter. It's eye. My eye. It's eye. One day I will best you, Spray Bot. One day, you will spray your last.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Ew, why did they put it at eye level? Does it give a nice smell?

Anika said...

It's actually above eye level. It beeps every 20 seconds or so (I assume to assess the air smell) and squirts perfumy spray when it deems necessary. I don't really have an opinion as to how nice it smells, it's more the concept that counts.