Sunday, May 17, 2009

Olivia & David visit - with camera!

Olivia and David came out for a weekend. It was so fun! On Saturday we did the monuments and some Smithsonians. It was a beautiful day for all that walking. In the evening we ate at a restaurant on 8th Street (very close to my house). We came back home and played Settlers of Catan, and they taught me the Cities & Knights version - SO fun! On Sunday morning we went to a neighborhood I like - Dupont Circle. We all bought our weekly fresh foods (for O & D it was what could survive on the trip back), then went to a restaurant for lunch. After lunch I took them to Mr. Yogatto's - a quirky frozen yogurt place. Olivia ordered in a Kermit T. Frog voice and got a Mr. Yogatto stamp on her forehead, and got 15% off! We came back home and played more Settlers, this time out on the patio at the picnic table. Then they took off! It was a busy weekend, but you must remember that just about every activity we did was followed by a short nap. :) One time we all piled onto my twin bed, hee hee. Here are awaited pictures of my house and garden!!!
My hand cupping the house number. We like to think that the unattractive facade of the house means it'll be the last one on the street to get robbed.

My room as viewed from the doorway.

The reading corner.

The closet & dresser across from the bed.

The seedlings on my desk (right by bed): tomato plants, basil, Baby's Tears plant

Heirloom tomatoes close up.

The upstairs kitchen, right by my bedroom.

The upstairs hallway. The open door at the end of the hallway is my room. To the left are the kitchen and bathroom. Does Olivia know I'm taking the picture?

Other end of upstairs hallway. Carly (housemate) at the community computer.

Top floor looking down.

Main floor: mailboxes.

Main floor hallway. Chore chart, communication white board, open door= kitchen.

Carly cooking in the main floor kitchen.

Carly cooks with eggs!

A normal picture of Carly.

Basement bike room + laundry.

Basement - community room.

Out the basement back door. Our picnic table on the patio.

The garden - the full view.

Foreground: peppers. Background: rosebush.

Lots of turnips. This is the best grower in my garden. When I direct seeded them, I went a little overboard. :) I need to thin them out.

The garlic patch. This was started in November. It's super easy to maintain, because you don't have to do anything! Behind it you can see my homemade compost pile and a branch I need to saw up.

Anika in the garden! Taa daa!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Great summary! Sigh - it was a great trip.